Velvety smooth and extremely chocolatey, this Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries recipe tastes heavenly and is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
The strawberries help to lift the taste of dark chocolate, but if you're not a fan you could always substitute them with raspberries or leave the fruit out all together!
Our Chocolate Mousse recipe makes a great tea time dessert, so why not get the kids involved and take turns to see who dares hold the bowl of stiffened egg whites over their head for the longest.
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1tbsp Caster Sugar
3tbsp Hot Water
2 Eggs (separated)
4 tbsp Whipping Cream
4 large Strawberries
1. Set up a bain marie using a pan of boiling water and a heatproof bowl and slowly melt the chocolate buttons.
2. Meanwhile dissolve the cocoa powder and sugar in 3 tbsp of hot water. Remove the bowl of chocolate and add the cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
3. Beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. In a clean bowl, whip the cream until holds it shape and place into the fridge to keep cool.
5, Take another bowl and whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. If the kids are helping you make this, test this by holding the bowl upside down over their heads - trust me they love it! (Obviously, only do this if you are sure the egg whites will survive!)
6. With a metal spoon gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with the whipped cream.
7. Divide into small serving glasses or ramekins and chill the desserts until ready to serve.
8. Once ready to serve, carefully slice your strawberries and arrange on top of each glass.
As always we'd love to see your chocolatey cakes and bakes on our social pages - just include the #chocpizzaco and we'll share as many as we can!
Hands up who loves Biscoff? Yep, me too and this is such a good recipe from our archives, that I thought I'd revisit it again for 2021. Picture the scene, sitting out in the sunshine, listening to your favourite tunes
Now that we have survived the deluge of May and are once again allowed to meet friends and family in the sunshine, it’s time to fire up the BBQ and head outside! Of course, not all of the BBQ needs
Super easy to make, these delicious Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins were a big hit in my house, and a sneaky way to get some additional fresh fruit into the kids. I love fresh strawberries, so I'm always on the