Velvety smooth and extremely chocolatey, this Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries recipe tastes heavenly and is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
The strawberries help to lift the taste of dark chocolate, but if you're not a fan you could always substitute them with raspberries or leave the fruit out all together!
Our Chocolate Mousse recipe makes a great tea time dessert, so why not get the kids involved and take turns to see who dares hold the bowl of stiffened egg whites over their head for the longest.
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1tbsp Caster Sugar
3tbsp Hot Water
2 Eggs (separated)
4 tbsp Whipping Cream
4 large Strawberries
1. Set up a bain marie using a pan of boiling water and a heatproof bowl and slowly melt the chocolate buttons.
2. Meanwhile dissolve the cocoa powder and sugar in 3 tbsp of hot water. Remove the bowl of chocolate and add the cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
3. Beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. In a clean bowl, whip the cream until holds it shape and place into the fridge to keep cool.
5, Take another bowl and whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. If the kids are helping you make this, test this by holding the bowl upside down over their heads - trust me they love it! (Obviously, only do this if you are sure the egg whites will survive!)
6. With a metal spoon gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with the whipped cream.
7. Divide into small serving glasses or ramekins and chill the desserts until ready to serve.
8. Once ready to serve, carefully slice your strawberries and arrange on top of each glass.
As always we'd love to see your chocolatey cakes and bakes on our social pages - just include the #chocpizzaco and we'll share as many as we can!
This Coffee & Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe will really hit the mark for coffee lovers and features our 70% dark chocolate buttons and dark chocolate-covered coffee beans. Creating the perfect swiss roll can be tricky at first, as if you
Did you spot our recent coverage for World Chocolate Day in an online article for Hello! Magazine? We were super excited to discover we'd been listed as one of the "9 Best Chocolate Hampers That Will Bring a Smile to
This Chunky Chocolate Crispy Cake uses just 4 ingredients and is so simple to make as a treat for the kids, or as a chocolatey hit for yourself with your afternoon cuppa. Ingredients: 150g Puffed Rice 100g Butter (plus extra