Super easy to make, these delicious Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins were a big hit in my house, and a sneaky way to get some additional fresh fruit into the kids.
I love fresh strawberries, so I'm always on the lookout for ways to use them in my recipes, and if it is a kid-friendly recipe then all the better.
With this in mind, I wanted to make something that was fairly quick to make and easy to eat on the go - so I adapted a faithful old blueberry muffin recipe to combine my love of strawberries and of course - chocolate!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Prepare the strawberries by hulling them and dicing them finely - large chunks of strawberry can make these muffins overly wet.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with a pinch of salt.
3. In another bowl, beat the butter and golden caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat for another minute, then mix in the yogurt, vanilla extract and milk.
4. Tip the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir in with a wooden spoon. Finally, fold in the strawberries and chocolate chip buttons and divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
5. Bake for 5 mins, then reduce the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 15-18 mins more until risen and golden, check the centre of the muffins are cooked with a cocktail stick or mini skewer - once this comes out clean the muffins can be removed from the oven.
6. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then carefully lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling, and enjoy!
As always we'd love to hear how you got on with this recipe through our social channels and if you have any other recipe ideas you'd like to share, please do so using #chocpizzaco.
Hands up who loves Biscoff? Yep, me too and this is such a good recipe from our archives, that I thought I'd revisit it again for 2021. Picture the scene, sitting out in the sunshine, listening to your favourite tunes
Now that we have survived the deluge of May and are once again allowed to meet friends and family in the sunshine, it’s time to fire up the BBQ and head outside! Of course, not all of the BBQ needs
If you've yet to discover the joys of a Hot Chocolate Station, then fear not we have everything you need to know about what they are and how to create your very own Hot Chocolate Station at home. Hot Chocolate