Make delighfully squidgy and moist Double Chocolate Muffins with our latest recipe.
Has anyone else found that they've been baking far more since lockdown began?
Whether it was the prospect of not being able to access your usual delicious treats or you've just found more time to get creative in the kitchen if you've had a change in working hours, the baking bug seems to have truly taken the UK by storm over the last few weeks.
Personally, I love being in the kitchen, with or without the kids, and obviously working for a chocolate company means that the sweet stuff is never too far from my mind.
So when I ended up with some surplus cream from another recipe, I was looking for ways to incorporate it into a delicious dessert to keep my kids hunger at bay and their sweet tooths satisfied - and what better way than with some chocolate delicious muffins?
I used cupcake cases for mine and ended up making approximately 20 mini muffins, but if you have the larger muffin cases this recipe should make approximately 12 muffins.
135g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
250g Heavy Cream
40g Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
120g Chocolate Buttons (we used milk buttons but could substitute for any flavour)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c, gas mark 4. Line a 12 hole tin with paper cases (or use two tins if you're using cupcake cases).
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, until pale and creamy.
3. In a seperate bowl, whisk the cream until it begins to form stiff peaks, add in the cocoa powder and continue to mix until combined.
4. Add the whipped cream to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Mix the baking powder and flour into the cake batter a little at a time, to keep the flour dust at a minimum (unless you like to get really messy!)
6. Then fold in the chocolate buttons (keeping a few to one side to add as a topping, or as in my case to snack on 😋)
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, and add the remaining buttons to the top for decoration.
8. Pop into the oven for about 25 mins until a cocktail stick comes out clean. Allow to cool a little before serving.
If you try this recipe we'd love to see the results on our social media channels. Simply use #chocpizzaco to share your amazing chocolate creations with us.
Velvety smooth and extremely chocolatey, this Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries recipe tastes heavenly and is surprisingly quick and easy to make. The strawberries help to lift the taste of dark chocolate, but if you're not a fan you could always
This Coffee & Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe will really hit the mark for coffee lovers and features our 70% dark chocolate buttons and dark chocolate-covered coffee beans. Creating the perfect swiss roll can be tricky at first, as if you
Did you spot our recent coverage for World Chocolate Day in an online article for Hello! Magazine? We were super excited to discover we'd been listed as one of the "9 Best Chocolate Hampers That Will Bring a Smile to