This Chunky Chocolate Crispy Cake uses just 4 ingredients and is so simple to make as a treat for the kids, or as a chocolatey hit for yourself with your afternoon cuppa.
150g Puffed Rice
100g Butter (plus extra for greasing)
100g of marshmallows
1. Grease and line a square baking tin with some baking parchment. In a large pan, melt the butter, 100g of the chocolate buttons and the marshmallows over a low heat and keep stirring until it is fully melted and combined.
2. Remove from the heat and add in the Puffed Rice, stirring until completely coated.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
4. Set up a bain marie (bowl over boiling water) to melt the remaining chocolate, or pop the chocolate into the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until it has completely melted and is smooth when stirred.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the crispy cake base, spread evenly and leave to set. We popped ours into the fridge for about 25mins to help it set quicker, but using too low temperatures may cause the chocolate to bloom.
6. Once set, cut into bitsize slices using a sharp knife and enjoy!
With Easter just round the corner, now's the time to start thinking about how you can change up your gift offerings for Easter 2021. Traditional Easter eggs are bound to be the go to gift at this time of year.
Who doesn't love a pizza and popcorn combo? With Valentine's Day just round the corner, we've teamed up with our friends over at Popcorn Shed to bring you a tasty Valentine's Day - themed giveaway. What's on offer? One lucky
Banana Bread has become a lockdown staple for many of you. Love it or hate it, we've found a chocolatey twist to this tried and tested recipe, and my kids absolutely loved it. Even my 9 year old daughter, who