This Chunky Chocolate Crispy Cake uses just 4 ingredients and is so simple to make as a treat for the kids, or as a chocolatey hit for yourself with your afternoon cuppa.
150g Puffed Rice
100g Butter (plus extra for greasing)
100g of marshmallows
1. Grease and line a square baking tin with some baking parchment. In a large pan, melt the butter, 100g of the chocolate buttons and the marshmallows over a low heat and keep stirring until it is fully melted and combined.
2. Remove from the heat and add in the Puffed Rice, stirring until completely coated.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
4. Set up a bain marie (bowl over boiling water) to melt the remaining chocolate, or pop the chocolate into the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until it has completely melted and is smooth when stirred.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the crispy cake base, spread evenly and leave to set. We popped ours into the fridge for about 25mins to help it set quicker, but using too low temperatures may cause the chocolate to bloom.
6. Once set, cut into bitsize slices using a sharp knife and enjoy!
Hands up who loves Biscoff? Yep, me too and this is such a good recipe from our archives, that I thought I'd revisit it again for 2021. Picture the scene, sitting out in the sunshine, listening to your favourite tunes
Now that we have survived the deluge of May and are once again allowed to meet friends and family in the sunshine, it’s time to fire up the BBQ and head outside! Of course, not all of the BBQ needs
Super easy to make, these delicious Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins were a big hit in my house, and a sneaky way to get some additional fresh fruit into the kids. I love fresh strawberries, so I'm always on the