This Chunky Chocolate Crispy Cake uses just 4 ingredients and is so simple to make as a treat for the kids, or as a chocolatey hit for yourself with your afternoon cuppa.
150g Puffed Rice
100g Butter (plus extra for greasing)
100g of marshmallows
1. Grease and line a square baking tin with some baking parchment. In a large pan, melt the butter, 100g of the chocolate buttons and the marshmallows over a low heat and keep stirring until it is fully melted and combined.
2. Remove from the heat and add in the Puffed Rice, stirring until completely coated.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
4. Set up a bain marie (bowl over boiling water) to melt the remaining chocolate, or pop the chocolate into the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until it has completely melted and is smooth when stirred.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the crispy cake base, spread evenly and leave to set. We popped ours into the fridge for about 25mins to help it set quicker, but using too low temperatures may cause the chocolate to bloom.
6. Once set, cut into bitsize slices using a sharp knife and enjoy!
Did you spot our recent coverage for World Chocolate Day in an online article for Hello! Magazine? We were super excited to discover we'd been listed as one of the "9 Best Chocolate Hampers That Will Bring a Smile to
This oozy, fudgy chocolate mug cake recipe is made in just a matter of minutes in the microwave, and is really simple to make. Perfect for a rainy night in front of the telly, or as a quick after tea
These Chocolate and Cherry Cheesecake Brownies are super easy to make and are deliciously moreish. For me, chocolate and cherries go together like bread and butter, and of course it's always great to use seasonal produce wherever possible. So with