This oozy, fudgy chocolate mug cake recipe is made in just a matter of minutes in the microwave, and is really simple to make.
Perfect for a rainy night in front of the telly, or as a quick after tea treat, just grab your favourite (large) mug and add the following ingredients for a delicious chocolatey fix.
4 tbsp Self-Raising Flour
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
4 tbsp Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
3 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil (or Sunflower Oil)
A few drops of Vanilla Essence (or other flavouring such as mint, or orange oil according to preference)
2 tbsp Chocolate Buttons
1. Add the self-raising flour and cocoa powder into your favourite mug, along with the caster sugar, and mix the dry ingredients together with a fork.
2. Crack an egg into the mug, and add in the milk and the oil and stir to mix - try to combine everything as much as possible, until the mixture is smooth .
3. Then, add in your flavouring of choice, and finish with the chocolate buttons, giving the mixture a final stir before popping it into the microwave.for 1-2 mins.
4. Keep an eye on the mixture as it can overflow depending on the size of your mug.
5. Your mug cake is ready once the top is firm and/or the cake has stopped rising,
6. Leave to cool for a few minutes before diving in as the cake retains a lot of the heat, or why not top it with a scoop of your favourite ice cream to help it cool down even quicker (if there's still room at the top of your mug!)
Banana Bread has become a lockdown staple for many of you. Love it or hate it, we've found a chocolatey twist to this tried and tested recipe, and my kids absolutely loved it. Even my 9 year old daughter, who
After a busy year, it's nearly time to retire the Elves for Christmas 2020, and I know they're all ready for a rest! Our doors are closed from Thursday 24th December 2020 and we will reopen on Monday 4th January
Did you spot our Hot Chocolate Bombes being featured on 'This Morning'? Well it definitely took us by surprise! We were very kindly included in a 'Last Minute Stocking Fillers' round up, presented by Georgia Toffalo and we spotted 'This