Give your hot dogs a chocolatey makeover for Bonfire night with this Chocolate Chilli Dog recipe.
My two are obsessed with Hot Dogs so we're always looking for new ways to shake the menu up a little, and this Chocolate Chilli Dog recipe really helps to add another level of depth to the flavours.
For those of you who are looking for a milder chilli option, I would advise sticking to just 1tsp of chilli powder but if you love a hot chilli then go for two!
1. Heat the oil in a large, hob-friendly casserole dish, and add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the sliced peppers. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers become tender.
2. Add the spices to the pan and stir through, cooking for 1 minute, before adding the mince. Using a wooden spoon, break up the mince and ensure it is fully combined with the onion and spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown all over.
3. Pour in the passata and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Add the dark chocolate buttons into the chilli along with the kidney beans. Stir to combine, then simmer for another 15 minutes until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened slightly.
5. Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the instructions. Put the sausages in the finger rolls along with spoonfuls of the chocolate chilli. Serve with ketchup, mustard and sliced red chilli according to taste.
Who doesn't love a pizza and popcorn combo? With Valentine's Day just round the corner, we've teamed up with our friends over at Popcorn Shed to bring you a tasty Valentine's Day - themed giveaway. What's on offer? One lucky
Banana Bread has become a lockdown staple for many of you. Love it or hate it, we've found a chocolatey twist to this tried and tested recipe, and my kids absolutely loved it. Even my 9 year old daughter, who
After a busy year, it's nearly time to retire the Elves for Christmas 2020, and I know they're all ready for a rest! Our doors are closed from Thursday 24th December 2020 and we will reopen on Monday 4th January