Give your hot dogs a chocolatey makeover for Bonfire night with this Chocolate Chilli Dog recipe.
My two are obsessed with Hot Dogs so we're always looking for new ways to shake the menu up a little, and this Chocolate Chilli Dog recipe really helps to add another level of depth to the flavours.
For those of you who are looking for a milder chilli option, I would advise sticking to just 1tsp of chilli powder but if you love a hot chilli then go for two!
1. Heat the oil in a large, hob-friendly casserole dish, and add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the sliced peppers. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers become tender.
2. Add the spices to the pan and stir through, cooking for 1 minute, before adding the mince. Using a wooden spoon, break up the mince and ensure it is fully combined with the onion and spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown all over.
3. Pour in the passata and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Add the dark chocolate buttons into the chilli along with the kidney beans. Stir to combine, then simmer for another 15 minutes until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened slightly.
5. Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the instructions. Put the sausages in the finger rolls along with spoonfuls of the chocolate chilli. Serve with ketchup, mustard and sliced red chilli according to taste.
We may celebrate it every year on 14th February, with an array of chocolate gifts and celebratory cards, but how many of you know the true history of Valentine's Day? For example, did you know that Valentine's Day, or St
If your children are anything like mine, they will have been counting down to Christmas since the beginning of September. And, whilst the latest toys and board games are always top of their lists, finding the perfect affordable gift for
Halloween is just round the corner, and whilst some of us may prefer to stay indoors with lights down low, those of us with younger children are just as likely to be getting ready for some Halloween fun, with costume