Chocolate-Covered Bonfire Apples with galaxy sprinkles and popping candy.
With Bonfire Night fast-approaching, I thought I'd share a modern recipe update to a childhood favourite - the humble Bonfire Apple.
Traditionally taking the form of a glossy-looking toffee apple, our version of this seasonal treat, of course adds a chocolatey twist.
Featuring sweet apples, dipped in our Belgian milk chocolate, each apple is topped with Galaxy-themed sprinkles and popping candy to add a little extra pop and crackle just in time for the real fireworks to begin.
3-5 Sweet Apples (not waxy ones)
30g Galaxy Sprinkles (any sprinkles could be used here to change the theme)
15g Popping Candy
Cake Pop Sticks (quantity depends on the number of apples being used)
1. Remove the stalks from the apples and insert the cake pop sticks into the bottom of each apple.
2. Using a microwave, melt the chocolate buttons for 30 seconds followed by 10 second bursts until all the buttons have completely melted. If possible try to use a fairly deep bowl as we will use this to dip the apples into.
3. Carefully lift the apples on the sticks and place them into the melted chocolate - slowly rotating them whilst tipping the bowl at an angle to ensure they are completely covered.
4. Put the chocolate-covered apples onto a pre-lined baking tray and cover them with the Galaxy Sprinkles and a some of the popping candy.
5. If possible, pop the apples into the fridge for about 20-30 mins to help the chocolate to set and serve.
Our Way Of Saying Thanks... For 2020, we've celebrated Black Friday and Cyber Monday a little differently by donating £250 to Nottingham Hospitals Charity, in recognition all the wonderful work that our frontline NHS workers have been doing during the
Want to know which of our delicious Christmas-themed chocolate goodies are topping our best-sellers list for Christmas 2020? When it comes to shopping online it's often a very different experience to buying gifts instore. Whether we are aware of it
As Pumpkin season comes to a close for Autumn 2020, this Chocolate and Pumpkin Muffin Recipe is the ideal way to say goodbye to this delicious autumnal produce, and they were a massive hit with the kids too! Now, those